DSc in Philology, Academician of the Russian Academy of Education, Honored Worker of Culture of the Russian Federation, Deputy Director of the State Museum of A. S. Pushkin for scientific work, Moscow, Russia
Typology of narrative in Alexander Pushkin's prose fiction (1975)
Alexander Pushkin's creative work and Russian oratorical prose of the 1st third of the 19th century (1988)
Education and training, internships:
Graduated from the Philological Faculty of Moscow State University in 1971.
Scientific and organisational activities:
From 1971 to 2019, researcher, senior researcher, leading researcher and deputy director for scientific work – chief researcher of Pushkin State Museum.
N. I. Mikhaylova was elected an academician of the Russian Academy of Education on April 6, 1995 – she is a member of the Department of Education and Culture.
Member of the Editorial Board of the IWL RAS scientific journal “Two Centuries of the Russian Classics”.
1995 – Honoured Worker of Culture of the Russian Federation (for services in the field of culture and for many years of fruitful work).
1999 – Pushkin Medal in commemoration of the bicentenary of the author's birth for services in the field of culture, enlightenment, literature and art.
2001 – State Prize of the Russian Federation in the field of literature and art – for the development of the best traditions of museum work at Alexander Pushkin State Memorial Historical-Literary and Nature-Landscape Museum-Reserve “Mikhailovskoye”, at Alexander Pushkin State Museum in Moscow
2008 – The Order of Friendship for services in the development of Russian culture and art, for many years of fruitful activity.
2020 – Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn Prize – for inspired service to Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin, the genius of Russian poetry; for the creation of the Vasily Lvovich Pushkin Museum.
Selected scientific publications:
- Psyche pondering over a flower. About Alexander Pushkin. Moscow, Beam publishing house, 2015. 413 p. (In Russ.)
- Vasily Lvovich Pushkin. Moscow, Molodaya Gvardiya (Young Guard) Publ., 2012. 405 p. (In Russ.)
- “The formidable gift of vituperation …”: Alexander Pushkin and the Russian oratorical culture of his time. Moscow, RP Publ., 1999. 409 p. (In Russ.)
- Alexander Pushkin and Moscow. Moscow, Region studies of Moscow Publ., 1999. 412 p. (In Russ.)
- “This pied collection”: About the novel “Eugene Onegin” by Alexander Pushkin. Moscow, Image Publ., 1994. 191 p. (In Russ.)
Preparation for publication (compilation, scientific editing, commenting)
- “Between roast and blancmange”. Alexander Pushkin and his heroes at meal: album. Compiled by N. I. Mikhaylova, Ye. A. Ponomaryova. Moscow: foundation “Link of Ages” Publ., Kuchko Field Museon Publ., 2017. 269 p. (In Russ.)
- Big Favourite Storybook. Compiled by Natalya Mikhaylova. Moscow, AST publishing company, Astrel Publ., 2008. 638 p. (In Russ.)
- Onegin Encyclopedia: in 2 vol. Compiled by N. I. Mikhaylova et al., under the overall editorship of N. I. Mikhaylova. Moscow, RP Publ., 1999. (In Russ.)
- From the commentary on “Eugene Onegin”. In Boldino readings. Papers from the international scientific conference. Nizhny Novgorod, Lobachevsky Nizhny Novgorod State University Publ., 2019, pp. 32–36. (In Russ.)
- “Boris Godunov” by Pushkin. On the possible source of the scene “Night. Cell in the Monastery of Chudov”. In: Boldino readings. Papers from the international scientific conference. Nizhny Novgorod, Lobachevsky Nizhny Novgorod State University Publ., 2018, pp. 113–117. (In Russ.)
- Vasily Lvovich Pushkin – reader of the story «Poor Liza» by Nikolay Karamzin. In Boldino readings. Papers from the international scientific conference. Nizhny Novgorod, Lobachevsky Nizhny Novgorod State University Publ., 2017, pp. 118–122. (In Russ.)
- About the project of the exhibition “The comedy about the real trouble for Muscovy, about Tsar Boris and Grishka Otrepiev” at the Moscow Pushkin museum. Vestnik of Lobachevsky Nizhny Novgorod State University, no. 4, 2016, pp. 216–221. (In Russ.)